Wednesday, April 8, 2009

At the Hospital....


After 12 hours of a "semi-easy" labor, our sweet little Hallie was born.
It seemed to have taken forever to progress, untill I was dialated to a 6 1/2....then within a half hour I was a 10 and ready to push....5 minutes later, we had a beautiful baby girl!

Hallie was born Monday morning at 3:38. She weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. and was 20 1/2 in.

I immediately felt a strong bond, and a sense of protection for Hallie. I guess because she's my little GIRL.


Hallie's proud grandparents. # 17 on the Atwood side and the Johnson's 11th grandchild.

Isn't she precious....It's amazing how much LOVE you can feel for somebody else. We are so happy to have her in our family. Noah's a little curious to what's going on, but he seems to be handling things just fine. He's spent lots of time with his grandparents--which he loves.

10 comments:

alliatwood said...

Congratulations, she is so beautiful!!! We can't wait to meet her. We have colds right now so it might be awhile before we can see her so for now we are greatly enjoying the pictures!!!

Matthew and Lindsey said...

Congrats! How exciting. She looks so precious.

Anonymous said...

She is so sweet! I love the big bow...adorable. Girls are so fun. Congrats!!

Angie said...

She is so beautiful!! Congratulations! I miss having a brand new one in my home. There is a spirit that is so special that you only have with a brand new baby. I don't know how anyone could question if there really is a God. I am so happy for you. I hope she gets a sleeping schedule soon. That always makes for happy parents. :)

Haylee said...

Congrats rach she is beautiful and you look way too good in these pic's to have just had a baby! She is perfect I am so excited for you guys! Let me know if you need anything!

Maranda said...

She is a beautiful newborn! You are so lucky your labor went so well. I sure hope my second is easier. I can hardly wait to meet her. See you in a week!

natalie a said...

awwww - so cute welcome to the family you little sweetheart!! Rachel you look beautiful as always!

amanda webb said...

Congratulations you two! She is so beautiful!! I am so happy for you! I am so excited to have a boy one day but a little girl is so much fun...I spend way too much money on headbands and flowers and cute little clothes for Cali! It is like you get to play dress up everyday! I am excited for you both!

Anonymous said...

awe i love your sweet little family!!

The Daley Fam said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you. I'm glad everything went well and you're loving being a mom. Oh and you DO NOT look like you just had a baby. What?! You're gorgeous. That's not even fair!