Saturday, July 4, 2009

Keeping Busy!

I know everyone says how much they love their kids...
I think being away from close friends and family really capitalizes how much we love our kids! It's amazing how much fun you can have hanging out with a 1 1/2 year old and a 3 month old. I am so thankful to be blessed with my beautiful Halle and sweet little Noah!
We are loving being here in NY. Tarrytown is a great village with SO much to do. I stay pretty busy (which helps me from getting homesick). This last week I've been painting my dining room table and hutch BLACK. I still have to finish, but I'm proud to say I jumped right in and have done a lot. Usually when I start little projects, I'm in them for a few months.
Kirk loves working at the hospital--and says it's a huge difference from owning your own practice. He's still adjusting to other people IN CHARGE! (Trust me...It's good for him).
The babies are doing just fine. Halle is back to sleeping through the night, and Noah is waking up between 7 and 7:30 instead of 5:30. We are extremely happy about this.
Today we are going to Manhattan to hang out with daddy while he's on call. We'll post some more pics later!
I still need to paint the drawers and 4 more chairs, but you can see what color they used to be!

I gave the boys haircuts and I'm so proud...I found a new job to pursue!

Noah and his girlfriend Campbelle... don't they look cute together.
Dinner with our friends' David and Jessica Owsley.

Hanging out with Jordan and Katie Durfey...both our babies on their leash.
We're so sad to say goodbye to our friends. Noah is seriously in LOVE with Jordan and Katie...and Remington too.

One of Kirk's friends from the hospital took our couch apart (to get it in our house)....and then Kirk and I put it back together. Yay...I love these couches!
Noah on his train that he's almost too big for it!

Daddy's first day at the hospital. He has to be on call every 3rd night, so I'm learning how to cope on my own.
Halle is getting so big... I love this age. She'll smile & talk to me! I am so lucky and blessed.

8 comments:

Maranda said...

I love the color you painted your furniture. You've really done a great job. Your place looks cute from the pictures I've seen. I can't believe how big Halle's getting. She's so beautiful and Noah looks just like his daddy with his cut. I'm glad things are going well for you. You look great and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

jord and kate said...

i love it black! i miss you guys tons! thanks for hanging out with me before we had to move to north carolina, we are actually headed back up to new york this tuesday for the the week,

Melinda said...

Oh your family is so cute and we miss you so much. Can't wait to see you soon.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

It sounds like you're adjusting well! We can't wait to come out for a visit!!!!!!

Matthew and Lindsey said...

Looks like a blast. Matt applied to NYU so maybe next year we could be out there too!! oh by the way you have beautiful kids!

natalie a said...

happy belated 4th - looks like you've been having fun, we went to your parents for the holiday- you guys were missed! hope all is well in the big apple!

The Warr's said...

good work! i love how the whole set is turning out...isn't it so much fun to see it transform and know you did it?! love it!

amaree said...

You don't know me at all, but I know Kirk from his dental school days. I laughed when you said you're in Terrytown. I have lots of family in Terrytown, and have eaten at that Greek Restaurant. If you meet any Kravetz's up there, there are my relatives :) There is an office supply store downtown Terrytown, and it was used in the Whitney Houston film "The Preacher's Wife". It was the "toy store" or something like that, and is owned by my great (great?) Uncle. Anyway, enjoy Terrytown. It is beautiful and quaint and fun!
~Amaree Kravetz Matthews