Monday, November 30, 2009

1st Prayer

Today Noah said his first official prayer!
Lately he has been waking up at about 5:30 every morning, just in time to say goodbye to Kirk before he leaves for work. Today he slept in until 6 and I went to get him out of his room, brought him into our room and he dove for the bed saying daddy…but Kirk was already gone.
We were laying there in bed for a few minutes when I heard Noah whispering. I looked up and saw him folding his arms, so I asked if he was saying a prayer. I asked him if he wanted me to help him and he repeated after me…(well at least the words he knew)…Fatha, tank you, day, mama, daddy, Hal-yee (Halle) gammy & papas’ then he mumbled a few more things in his own language, and finally--Amen!
I was so proud a few minutes later I called Kirk to give him the details. I love seeing him learn and grow. It is so incredible how influenced they are by everything around them.
Yesturday at church Kirk gave the opening prayer…and Noah was very attentive to it for once, at the very end a couple seconds after everyone you hear this deep grunt from Noah (in a very manly voice) AMEN…It was so cute!!! Everyone smiled & turned to see who it was, I think they were surprised to see little Noah.

5 comments:

Maranda said...

How cute is that! I love how he salys Halle. It's so fun to see how they learn and try to mimic the things their parents do.

The Daley Fam said...

That is so sweet! Isn't it amazing the things they pick up on? It makes you realize how careful you have to be. That is so cute. That shows what a great mom you are!

Kari said...

Oh just makes my heart melt!

The Warr's said...

that is so cute! i can't wait to see that little man! get here already!!

Kristy or Josh said...

You have the cutest kids! It is so funny how they are like little sponges and just soak up EVERYTHING!